An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Vehicle Dismantler / Mechanic to join the UK’s leading Vehicle Recycling company based in Skelmersdale.
Main Purpose of Role:
To dismantle and remove parts from vehicles, for re-sale to both trade and retail customers.
• To ensure that dismantling and removal of parts is carried out in a professional manner.
• To ensure that all jobs are completed within the estimated times.
• To advise the workshop supervisor of any additional work identified when working on a vehicle.
• To comply with the relevant Company Housekeeping and Health and Safety regulations and policies applicable to this position and working environment.
• To have a good mechanical knowledge and to be aware of the various car makes, models and components.
• To have good interpersonal skills and be a team player, as the role will include working within a small team.
• To have a good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures.
• To be flexible with working hours, as occasionally there may be a business need to work additional hours.
• Dependant on the individuals experience and ability to meet the job description – relevant training will be given.
• Own tools are essential.
Type of Position : Permanent / Full-time
Job Hours : 40 Hours per week
Working Days : Monday – Friday Hours of Work : 08:45 – 17:15
With ‘occasional’ overtime hours on Saturday mornings: 09.00 – 13:00
Holiday Entitlement : 20 days per Calendar Year, plus Statutory holidays
Rate of Pay : Competitive – Negotiable / Dependant on Experience
Location of Job : Skelmersdale Site
Hills Salvage & Recycling Ltd, Gerrard Place, East Gillibrands,
Skelmersale, Lancashire, WN8 9SU
Contact for Job : E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note : Only written / CV applications will be accepted. Please DO NOT telephone.
Details of 2 references will be required.